Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here are some pictures


This is the paper cut that I won my first ribbon at the county fair with. I designed it from an old snapshot  that I had bought at an antique show.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

This is the first papercut that I have ever sold. It is an illustration 
of Lucy seeing the lamp post for the first time in the book, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by C. S. Lewis.  I really liked this one, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to sell it. I had put a  price on it that I thought it wouldn't sell for. I guess someone liked it more  than I thought they would.


  This the papercut that I sent to the Zion art show. The show is called "A Century of Sanctuary - The Art of Zion National Park". It will also include historical paintings of the park done over the last 100 years or so. It will include paintings by Thomas Moran and Maynard Dixon. It opens to the public on Monday August 25, 2008. My papercut is titled, "A Restful Interlude".
Melissa



















No comments: