Friday, July 10, 2009

Western Hoe-Down

This has been my project the last couple of weeks. Wednesday night was the annual Achievement Days daddy-daughter dinner/date at our church. This is for the 8 to 11 year old girls and their dads. It was a western hoe-down theme. I created wanted posters with a silhouette for each of the girls to hang on the wall as decoration. They also made a fun game as the girls tried to guess who was who.
I made 17 of these. I was getting pretty good at cutting that cowboy hat by the end. The girls had fun guessing, and when the night was over, they all had a souvenir to take home with them. It was well worth my time and effort.

2 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

That's such a great idea, and I'm sure the girls LOVED their silhouettes!

Harmony said...

Wow! So fun! I've been thinking about how much a little extra effort (or even just consistently reliable effort) can make such a difference. You went to a lot of extra effort, and I'm sure that made it special.