Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Want Candy for Lunch

Have you ever had one of your children try to talk you into just letting them eat sweets for lunch? I have. There has been too much candy around my house this week. This paper cut was originally inspired by an ad in an old newspaper. I think it was advertising some kind of kitchen appliance. I started wondering what was really behind the reason that the woman was reclining against the table. I think that she wasn't day dreaming about a new stove but about a day when she could fix a meal without some disgusted protest from some child. I added a border to this one because I love all the decorative borders that newspaper artists threw into the newspaper a hundred years ago for no other reason than to liven it up.

3 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oooooooh, I want sweets for lunch too!! Great snip. It reminds me of a silhouette my Grandma had hanging on her wall. jan

daysease said...

Gorgeous, meaningful, and such a "real" family moment. LOVE IT!!! Well done!! Love stuff like this... with kids and moms and just everyday family events.

lovely.

Harmony said...

My two-year-old has been asking for treats for lunch and dinner everyday since Saturday!