Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Big Eater

I sat down the other day and wanted another challenge. I have cut black outlines and added colored paper to the ATCs that I have made before, but I wondered how hard it would be to do the same thing in a larger format.  This design is from a funny photo I took of my son trying to eat a massive hamburger earlier this year. The hardest part of the design was trying to work with the black outline. At the 8 x 10 size, it was hard to maintain the integrity of the shape while gluing it to the colored paper. I liked the result, but what I liked the best was the moans that I heard every time my son walked past the project. I was sure to hang the finished work up in a prominent spot in the house afterwards, at least for a few days. You have to get back at your teenagers some how.

No comments: