Thursday, September 24, 2009

Name in a Skirt?

Last weekend I was looking through a box of old paper stuff that a friend had bought on Ebay. This advertisement for personalized note cards was in it. I was intrigued by the idea of using a name to form the skirt and decided to make my own version of the youthful maiden as a papercut.

Here is what I came up with. I changed the girl a little in the process in order to make it more friendly to a papercut. The advertisement had a list of over 100 names that you could order, but I had a hard time picturing a name as long as Jacqueline squeezed into that skirt. I didn't even want to try Melissa. So, I decided to use the nickname that I used when I was a little girl. I don't like that name, but it was a lot easier to fit in that skirt. Maybe I'll try squeezing in my real name sometime. I like the way it turned out over all. The elongated letters give it an interesting look.

1 comment:

daysease said...

Great Idea!! great for birthday cards for special little girls, for baby girl baby showers, wedding showers, or just because cards!!! GREAT idea!! thanks for the inspiration!