Friday, September 11, 2009

September ATCs

Yesterday, I was so excited that I had a free couple of hours to do some papercutting. It has been too long. It was relaxing to hear that knife cut through the black paper. I have been too busy lately with other things.

This month's ATC theme is an open one. I have been on a fairy tale kick lately so I thought it would be fun to tell a fairy tale with my cards. I chose Cinderella just because it seemed the easiest at the time. The first scene is Cinderella receiving the invitation to the ball.

This is Cinderella's fairy godmother transforming a pumpkin into a coach. I thought it was fun that the background paper could be used to enhance the magic.

What is the Cinderella story without a depiction of the ball?

Lastly, the stepsister looks on in disbelief as Cinderella's dainty foot slips into the slipper. These were a lot of fun to do.

No comments: